Thursday, February 11, 2010

Joined the Camp Sloanie Olympics Challenge!

Well, I decided to try my first challenge! Pat Sloan is hosting a challenge from February 12th to 28th, to finish a UFO during the Winter Olympics.


Originally I thought I would try to finish hand quilting this Bear's Paw quilt (90"x90") I started a few years ago. I got half way through quilting, put it away when we moved and never took it out again. I tried quilting again, and decided that there is no way I would enjoy quilting this for 16 days! I did decide that I would challenge myself to quilt one block a week, I have 10 left to quilt, and see how that goes.

This is what I have now decided to finish for the Camp Sloanie Olympic Challenge. It is a table/buffet runner I started a year ago. All I have is 2 blocks and some fabric. I was trying a more liberated style and I realized it wasn't me!! This past year I kept taking it out and trying to decide what to do with it. Now is the time to finish it, NO excuses!! All I know is that I want the finished size to be 22"x48". Wish me luck, we start tomorrow!

Have a great day! ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...