Monday, July 26, 2010

Contest Winner!

Today is the draw for the $40 GC for CSN stores.
Thank-you to everyone that entered!

Very technical I know!

I am thrilled to announce that the winner is the very talented Cyndi from BLUEBIRDSWING! Congratulations!

Coincidentally Cyndi also suggested a great name for the little Schnibbles quilt, so I am going to call it "My One and Only"! Thanks Cyndi!


I have been working on the Romanian Point Lace - 4 more flowers and only 8 more to go (along with meters of braid and filling in stitches).

I think I will work on filling in the some of the areas now.


I started making a new quilt too! "Diamonds at Large" is from the book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.

It is very easy and only takes one layer cake (border, binding and all) to make a 45" x 60" quilt. The layer cake is Harvest Home by Blackbird designs (Moda). I bought it on special from Hamels, when I went to a quilt show this spring (it is still listed for the same price on their web site - $32).
The pattern calls for a layer cake with a strong light/dark contrast and this one doesn't really have it, but I am hoping that it will work out. I liked the idea of making something with just a layer cake - so I am trying it out!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...