Sunday, October 3, 2010

Basket Pillow

Today I made a little pillow for a chair at my front entrance.

You can't really tell from the photo, but it is machine quilted with Invisafil thread. I washed and dried the little square before I made it into a pillow.
I also hung up the autumn wall hanging (the diamonds at large quilt has also found a home).


This area looked like this before -

and I thought it was time for a change. I made the old wall hanging and pillow about 2 years ago.
The wall hanging uses paper pieced hearts with extra corners to hold pictures. The pattern is from Meadow Lily Bridge.


The inspiration for the pillow comes from one of my favorite books -

It has great pictures -


I have never made any of the projects in the book, but it has inspired a few -

Made with my DH's old shirts.

A 12" square mini quilt I made about 12 years ago.

Now I am machine quilting this quilt that my Mother made for a family friend -

I should finish it tomorrow.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...