Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quilt Along Options

If you chose to make all the blocks or just try a few blocks in the quilt along, I wanted to give you some options. I had fun playing with EQ7 (measurements and block sizes come from EQ7 as well).

This is a table runner using two blocks. It is 19" x 31" with 3" borders. The edge triangles are a ¼ of a (small) 14" square (cut diagonally), and the corners are a ½ of a 7+3/16" square (cut diagonally). These measurements apply to any 9" blocks set on point. Adding another square will increase the table runner's length by about 14".

This table runner is 15" x 42" with a 3" border.

Table topper using 4 blocks and 5 alternating blocks (I will post this pattern this week). It is 33" square with 3" borders.

Or 5 different blocks and 4 alternating blocks.

Or 9 different blocks.



This wall hanging is 46" square with 4" borders, set on point with alternating plain 9" squares. The edge and corner triangles are cut the same way as the first table runner. (Lots of room to practice free motion quilting!)

A 64" square lap quilt version with no borders, using 24 scrappy blocks and 25 alternating blocks.

This could be a single bed sized quilt - 77" x 89". 30 blocks set on point with alternating plain 9" squares and 6½" borders.

Or different colours for the plain squares.


Another large quilt version - 97" square. Blocks set on point with 3"sashing and 6" borders. Uses 41 blocks.

I am amazed at the response to the quilt along! I just thought I would make a large quilt, slowly over the fall/winter with fabric I had been collecting. I had hoped that by posting instructions on my blog that it would keep me motivated. I didn't realize that it would be so much fun to see other people's versions! Thanks so much to every one participating, and for all the kind comments and encouragements!!

Here is the Flickr group, please consider joining in too!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...