Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blessings

I finished the little "Blessings" quilt from the Temecula Quilt Co.


It is 16" square. They have updated the pattern, I cut out the setting triangles before they made the corrections, and had to recut them - I just guessed at 1" bigger on the measurements and it came out fine. I am glad that I had enough fabric.
It was such a fun quilt to make - I love basket blocks and the setting is a style I had never made before.


I hung it in my "mini quilt room" (aka the laundry room) with some other 16" squares. I had the third old wooden dry cleaning hanger waiting in there, and was so pleased that this quilt was the right size.


Now you can see why it is called the mini quilt room (although there are some big ones in there too).


I only have a few wall hangings in the rest of my house, so I go wild with them in this room.


Little quilts are such a nice way to try different patterns and quilting designs. There are still some blank spaces in there!
Julie (Me and My Stitches) has a great way to display quilts in her sewing room - the picture is on this post. I could squeeze more quilts in if I hung them that way....


My Mother made this bed runner (you can imagine my children's faces when I told them what this was, and how I didn't have one when I was making them guess what it was). The blocks are 12" square, so it is over 6 feet long. She paper/foundation pieced the blocks - you don't sew on the paper (she taught me how and I showed it here).


She asked me to quilt the border for her. I chose a feather design from Carla Barrett (Feathered Fibers) that I had never tried before.


The design is shown here. It was really fun to stitch. I tried the "bump, bump" way of stitching the feathers which I don't do often, but I am starting to like it more and more.


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...