Monday, April 23, 2012

April's FMQ Challenge Piece

I finished April's Free Motion Quilting Challenge piece at the beginning of the month, but saved showing it for a day I didn't have any thing to blog about (I am trying to blog every day in April, along with exercising every weekday - both are keeping on track! Although I did dream, over a week ago, that April was over and I was relieved!!). Today was a beautiful day and along with laundry, baking, cooking... , I worked outside cleaning the flower beds.


This month the challenge was using Don Linn's method for marking quilting designs on the quilt top.
The tulle method of marking works well and I have used it before for embroidery. The good thing about it is you can easily see where you are placing the pattern. 
Last month I used a much easier method of marking the design (using a paper pattern and iron-off pounce), but it was harder to tell the exact placement of the pattern.

I plan on adding more quilting to the above design.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...