Monday, February 16, 2015

Cabled Hat



I finished knitting this hat yesterday. The pattern is Cabled Canuck by Tanis Lavellee. A lovely, very straight forward pattern.


The cables all meet nicely at the top (my oldest son kindly modelling for me). The yarn is Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label (100% merino), in the colour way Super Tartan (this is a one of a kind - OOAK - colour way from the Boxing Day sale). I have used this yarn a few time and it is lovely - soft, great stitch definition, holds it's shape well... All of the colour ways look amazing too (Tanis Lavellee is a hand dyer from Montreal). I made a couple of hats with the Lucky Penny colour and it became one of my favourites - you can see somethings that people have made with Lucky Penny Green Label here, and I especially like this Dragon hat (with arm and leg warmers too). You might have to be a Ravelry member to see some of these links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...